Sep 6, 2008

WACing with NCFM

An open and shut case went awry. The first time you read it, you felt what the hack is to be done in this case. 12:43:00 when you submit it to the TA, you are still wondering if you could have solved it better. 

WAC has been one wonderful subject in this sense. Learning is not restricted to a particular subject. We have done 4 WAC assignment in this first term and here are broad themes of those cases:
1. Terocog Global Positioning System - Conflict and communication on Project Aerial [Interpersonal and group dynamics in an organization]
2. Westlake Home Furnishing Ltd. [Business opportunities in a competitive market]
3. Peer Review of Assignment 2 [Analysis of reports]
4. AWC Inc. - The Ventilation Dilemma [Business ethics and standards]

Needless to say these cases are kind of flagship tools in their respective area. It is great experience when 7-8 people in my dorm sit [or stand] and discuss WAC case. Emotions run high, so do creativity. My performance in these reports have been mediocre and I am happy to have gone through this experience. "Learning is important," says Prof Pandey.

But imagine writing 1000 [plus minus 100] word reports [This word limit is as strict as 23:59:59 ones] on a given case. It's a pain. One night spent in number crunching and making sure that you do not cross the word limits. 

I talked about WAC runs in one of my early post. There is a new addition to the vocabulary:
WAC challenge [ writing a WAC report in a 3 hour sitting]
I did not take it this time though, 35% weight for a report makes it a risky proposition.

NCFM Capital Market - One fraud of an exam for which I spent half my night and full morning. And guess what I barely  managed to pass it when others came out with flying colors without even reading the book. I am getting rusted. :(

ps: It is confirmed now. I have got my first A grade. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sharing your experience on NCFM Exams interesting, thanks to so much share this informatics.NCFM Academy hyderabad