May 12, 2008

Countdown Has Begun

6 years, 9 months and 23 days
That is the number of days, I have called Bangalore my home.
Namma Bangalore.

Now this phase of my life is coming to an end.
The countdown has begun. With my MBA plans it had become more and more clear to me that this was bound to happen. Reason for it were two:
1. There is only one world class MBA institution in Bangalore, ie IIMB
2. And I never thought that I will get an opportunity to take an admission in that.
Call it my (misjudged) confidence in my capabilities. But others thought all against the second one; the profs there included. I did get admission there, and for at least 12 long hours, I felt that "yes, this association will become richer by two more years of my life".

But no, this box of chocolate has something better for me.

So it is time to move on. I have given 7 best years of my life to Bangalore, and no doubt it has given me back some of the most important things in my life.
A new phase of life is beginning. But before that I have to wind up the one here. I don't believe in loose threads. I want to keep each of my point of contact intact. As solid and alive as ever.

Next few days, I will try to pack my memories from all these years. This is not the parting mail, I will always be around.

No comments: