Jan 2, 2008

Stories from the far lands

Life at home [Maheshwar] is really different. It's relaxed and peaceful. Imagine this - for 15 long days I did not curse my boss. No tension of work [or no work], share market or girls. Last one is a surprise for me too. Luckily this time my parents did not bother me [much] with this. :)

It feels so great when two little monsters wake you up every morning to go for a morning walk to river side. My nephew and cousin made it a point to wake me up every morning at 6:00 am. How could they get up so early automatically is a question to be answered. Here in Bangalore 2 screeching alarms can not do the same in these chilly mornings. Early morning fresh air filled our lungs and pumped in all the energy to keep us active the whole day. That followed by sight of sun rising. River Narmada is very beautiful in this stretch in MP. Watching people taking holy dip in the river, offering their prayers to maa narmada, kids learning swimming from their grand-dads - so simple and beautiful a morning to start a new day. An inspiring sight was many people coming to ghat to feed fishes. They came with home made fish food and fed the fishes. They do it every day without fail.

Breakfast followed as soon as we reached home. Sardi ke laddoo, Poha and loads of namkeens. We Indorians have a capacity to eat namkeens. We can survive on them. Give us namkeen any hour of the day and we will be a happy clan.

Play time from here till evening. Lunch and some more rounds of namkeens to take some breaks from playing. Lunch at home are grand affairs. On a normal day too, you can have a 3 course meal. Sweets and Namkeens are found in our kitchen as abundantly as salt and sugar. It's winter time so Hola [I don't know english word for same], singada and ganna (sugarcane) can be enjoyed too. We had great time fighting for that last singada left in the basket. :)

Evening it was the same walk, this time to witness the sun set. I have never seen sun so beautiful. Day and again we saw it setting in the backdrop of a temple in river and some boats making their usual trips. The reflection in water make you think so much. I did think for some time too. Not much though. I was on a break yaar. :)

The palace on the banks on Narmada is beautiful. Everyday we explored new parts of it. Temples, corridors and other sides that we had never seen. Little kids have so much enthu that you automatically forget all your laziness. I used my camera after so long.

Being at home means early dinner and then lazying in night. The towns sleeps early. So we played indoor games. And were in bed by 10:30 pm types. Evening was the only time we enjoyed the idiot box. A cheerful end to a cheerful day. Getting ready for a new day ahead.

Overall a really satisfying day. My vacation this time was filled with such days. I really enjoyed it a lot.

Missing you all :(

4 comments:

anoop... said...

zindagi ke raston par chal chala chal rahi...

Unknown said...

I have been wanting a break like that for some time.. some how i can never get mentally free from my daily life here.... need to take tips form you :)

satyajit said...

badhia hai

Dr. Chandana Shekar said...

AHEM..... thats such a nice holiday. i feel like runnung away somewhere too.. that too with exams just sittin next to me :( good u had a nice time :) liked the read :)