Jan 28, 2008

just 5 minutes

"Just 5 minutes"

I came out of the interview room and saw AB standing there. "How was it?" he asked. "It was good," I said. "But it took just 5 minutes for them," I concluded. "No dude, it was not that short. It was more than 20 minutes, check your watch," said AB. I checked my watch. Yes indeed, it was no that short. For the first time I realized that time actually passed so fast. I did not realize it at all.

"Yes, It was good" - my first thought. I term it as a 'feel good' experience. Overall I did not feel any pressure (I accept I was nervous in start. I actually repeated one whole line in an answer). In fact I enjoyed it. I am 4-5 Mock PI veteran and I can easily vouch that this was the best experience I have had. The interaction was healthy where the jury (or panel, whatever you want to call it) actually helped me in every way to express myself. There were some funny and light moments that helped me tune my thought process. As it was the first PI in the day, all the jury member showed their interest in listening to me. That kind of environment make you feel better.

What now?

I do not bother much. As I said it was a feel good moment for me. And I know next time I enter another interview room, I will have more confidence in myself. I will have some good memories and experience from this instance to keep my spirited. As someone said, "sometimes the journey is the reward" I know I had one such journey.

The fish market

The GD which took place before the PI was not a bad experience either. 10-11 people sitting around a table tried to discuss "change in investing patterns of Indian middle class" Lots of ideas and facts were thrown out for discussion. Some grabbed group's attention while some just lost their way. There were moments were we behaved like fish traders. But still, we did a good job. I myself am not satisfied with my contribution. This GD was a good eye-opener. It showed me so many gray areas in my preparations and behavior. I need lot of improvement and this is going to be the highest priority in my life now.

1 comment:

Shashank said...

this one AB was standing outside .. last one .. RD was there .. somehow they all sound like some film personalities! :).. just kidding! :)

was a nice read .. and happy to see that you are enjoying your experience! :) .. becoz that is what will matter after sometime! :):)