Jan 10, 2008

I pledge for Shashank. Do you?

Here is a mail from Shashank. My personal request to go through it. If you are interested to pledge for him or want more info, feel free to contact him at given mail id. Or else you can always contact me at jain.pritesh@gmail.com


Heylo! J

I am back with my Marathon running! :)

Short personal update:

For those of you who are interested in knowing where I have been all this while as far as Marathon running and pledge raising is concerned, here is what has been happening:

Mumbai Marathon, Jan '07, where I participated in the Full Marathon (42.195 km) I got injured. Although, I completed it but I nearly gave up running after that. Recently after some medical help, I have been training for the upcoming Mumbai Marathon, Jan '08, in the Half Marathon Category ( 21.097 km).
The good news has been that it has been going on well! :)

What am I doing:

Off I go to Mumbai to participate in Standard Chartered Mumbai Marathon ( http://scmm.indiatimes.com/) in Half Marathon category on 20th January '08.

Why I am doing so:

Apart from my personal passion to run, I dedicate my run this time for Ananya children.

Ananya management needs funds for construction of hostels for children thereby attempting to reach out to more children in the society.

What you can do:

1) Just call/write/say to me that you support me! J

2) Pledge for me, i.e. donate money to Ananya!

3) Forward this note of mine to as many people as you can. Ask them to pledge for me.

Your pledges will not only reach to a really passionate NGO but will also encourage me in effort! J

How can you donate:

· Visit the page that I have created at the GIVE India Site.

http://www.giveindia.org/give/pledgepage/ShashankGupta

The website helps you out with how you can proceed.

· In case, you have any problems or don't wish to donate via website, write a mail to me at:

Shashank Gupta amitabh.bachchan.bigb@gmail.com

I will be eager to help you out!

After you donate:

You will get receipts from GIVE INDIA. Ananya can accept money in INR/UK Pounds/USD. So, feel free to contribute from wherever you are! J

Final word from me:

Sometimes my well wishers have felt apprehensive thinking that I may not appreciate a small amount pledge considering the fact that my target is in 6 digits. Please rest aside such inhibitions and support me with however you can! For me the spirit is more important!

Thanks a lot for your taking time to read this mail of mine. I will be back with more updates!

Best regards,
Shashank Gupta.

About Ananya: ( http://ananyatrust.blogspot.com/).

Ananya is an NGO working with underprivileged children providing them with food, shelter and education. Education in this school is 'non-formal'. They do not follow classroom, standard system and the education is customized based on the capacity of a child. Respecting the uniqueness of a kid is one of the core values Ananya has been practicing and preaching for close to 10 years now.

About Marathons:

Marathons are often seen as fund raising events for charities. A lot of people run in Marathons dedicating their run as 'Run for Cause'. They run to convey a message to the world about their passion and belief about some cause of their thereby generating awareness and seeking support.