Jun 21, 2007

work life and other things

Last few weeks have been pretty hectic in general. Not that I am slogging my ass at work, or partying like wild animals. Rather I am doing none of it. Its been work while work and play while play type of life.

It's been almost 4 and half months since I joined this new company and life here has been pretty relaxed. New company, new work and new environment. And the best [or worst] part of it - new people. I wont lie here if I say that I hated those geeky nerdy people when I joined the new place. For some days I was all alone. Did lunch alone, spoke hardly. But then I realized it was me who was new to place. And it was me who had to initiate the conversations. And to my horror, I was the one trying to escape from it. No wonder, the world was less colorful then.
And then came the time, when I started to mingle with those whom I had rejected as no-one in my first meeting. I was so wrong. They all are so different and yet so special. Helping and caring. As time is passing, I am getting to know them more. And each one of them is teaching me something or other. I am so happy today. Now that lots of new people are joining my team, I am trying to be one amongst them. And its been a pleasure all these while.

Life, it's been fun too. Got to do things I never thought I would do. I am surrounded by some of the greatest friends one could ever get. My family came here and stayed with us for some time. And they were so happy to be here and to have met all my friends. We had time of our life.
Post family days, its been struggle for food [as we sent our cook back] and then to settle in normal life. Bday and then some more happy days. Well and good overall.

Otherwise, Nothing as such. Have been reading on my way to office. Company buses are good in this way. Malgudi Days has been amazing till now. Looking for something new in non-fiction. May be something related to Bollywood. Lets see what comes my way. As I am writing this, countdown is on for Sunita's landing on earth. All the TV channels have done their best to make a great historical event out of it. I pity those other 6 co-passengers who wouldn't even find their name mentioned in news. Thank god they don't watch any Indian News Channel there in space shuttle!!

2 comments:

CandidConfessions said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shashank said...

hmm .. i like in u that openness to learn .. how you atleast give one chance to yourself to change the impressions of various things! :) .. good! :)

i didn't know about sunita 'didi' for quite sometime .. till someday i saw the newspaper full of it .. to tell you the truth .. i felt they are mourning her death(sorry if that offendes anyone personally) .. so much hype .. kids with her posters .. blah blah! .. i was like .. ok .. sorry for another astronaut ..
to later on realise that lady has attained stardom back in india .. a country which, may be, she wudn't even dream of coming to! :)