Jun 10, 2007

A Dream Birthday Celebration

Ananya in Sanskrit means "unique" and I can surely vouch for the fact that every time I go there, its a new experience. "Like no other" indeed.

I got to know about this unique place through Dream A Dream and then came closer through Shashank. Shashank always makes it a point to invite his friends whenever he is visiting this place. I thought why should I not do the same. After all so many of my friends had expressed their wish to visit such a place and know more about the. No other better way to experience such place but to be there. This is the origin of idea that one day I will take my friends there; to spend time of their life. And I could not have found a better day than my birthday for this purpose. We all have some plans for our dream birthday celebration and somehow this visit fitted perfectly in my dreams.

I expressed the desire to Shashank and then with his help and Shashiji's encouragement, my dreams looked coming to realization.

Plans were made, phone calls made and it was all in place. The D-Day came and we all gathered at my place. The excitement could have matched well to a child [at least this is what we thought while starting from my place].

Reach Ananya and our excitement level further shoot up. Kids have a contagious spirit inside them. As soon as we entered, they came running to us. I did not expect everyone of them to come and wish me on my birthday. It was a pleasant surprise nonetheless. There were few new kids and how the "old is gold" kids taught them to say birthday wishes is a scene I would never forget. Al inhibitions were kept apart within moments and we all were chatting with each other.
Time for some energizer and we had rounds of introduction with their favorite Hinesh bhai playing in background.

Initial hi hello lasted few minutes only and everyone was in their newly found group. Kids, here, will catch your hand and pull you to show their world. The smiles which popped on their face while showing their class rooms and computer labs could any day beat those Colgate/closeup smiles. The pride and confidence which these kids display today talks a volume about the transformation they have gone through. Give them the freedom, show them the path and they will conquer the world. For themselves, for you, for everyone.

The computer lab was the main attraction for me. After all it is the project I have been involved with. All the computers their have plenty of stories to tell. Kids have their personal folders on one or the other system which is password protected. Photos, music, word files, their drawings, Greeting cards and what not... all stored in their safe vault in the computer. Can you imagine such thing happening. It was almost two years back when Me and some other volunteers were teaching them about Password and login in Kaps IT. Today they make better posters and reports than what I can make. Really amazing indeed.

George Uncle's English Class, Suman aunti's Hindi class, Udhav uncle's Math class, Science lab, Social science class, Kannada class and so on... they kept us showing and we were just glued to their words. They seem so satisfied and content. They should be, it was just few years (or months, or days) when they had dropped out of a normal school. But here, it is all theirs. It is their world and they know how to make it better. The feeling of owning something brings the best of you in any effort.

One can not imagine how much time can you spend exploring this place. Every nook and corner has a story of its own to be told. And ask anyone, they will tell you with the same zeal. Its their own world and they are its proud owner. We spent more than one hour exploring this place, not to forget the tasty jamoon sessions. Its after ages we got to eat Jamoon, I really missed my home that time. And here these kids enjoy it daily. Sometime I wonder who is more lucky. :)

And then came Shashiji with a new pack of energy supply. As some of us had to leave early, we gathered at the Dining area and cut the cake. Goli dude has made the cake for everyone in morning. Kids had made a bouquet and beautiful card for me. The best birthday gift I ever got. So I cut the cake, we all had cake and it was time again for masti. Now it was turn of running games. Mouse and Cat, Snack head, tree climbing, Circle games and what not. Run, shout, laugh - do whatever you want to do. All are kids and all are free.

Within half n hour we so called techies were tired. There was no sign of tiredness on kids' face though. It was lunch time. Shashijee had arranged for yummi chat for everyone. We all set and enjoyed the lunch. Smiles all over....

Post lunch most of the kids headed back to their home. Actually weekend is the family time for kids, they had stayed back just for the function. We set their and chatted amongst ourselves. Shashijee told all of us about Ananya and the idea behind it.

One last round of tea and we started on our journey home.

Everyone looked happy and satisfied. And I am the most satisfied. Finally I could do it.
This day I wont forget in my lifetime. Looking forward at having many more such days ni future. Life will be so beautiful then.

See the photos here...

My heartily thanks..
to all the kids at Ananya, who made my day. And for the beautiful gift.
to Shashijee, for the encouragement and help in making it possible.
to George uncle, Suman aunti, Udhav and everyone at Ananya for their hospitality.
to Shashank for his support and help... You rock dude. You always do.
to Kautuk, Divya bhabhi, And Jaya bhabhi - I had a great time with all you people. Just be the way you are.
to Goli, for the cake, for the story and for the guitar. More so for his time and presence and energy. Can you imagine this guy got up and 6am and made the cake for 60 people!! Finally we did it dude.
to Ravi, Chandu, Arpit, Ankit, Gautam, Namrata and Shilpa - it was so nice to have you there. You made my the day with your time and presence. I hope you enjoyed it too.
to all others.. Enjoy..

7 comments:

satyajit said...

seems perfect, your budday. and i'm glad i played my part perfectly by not calling you up during the day.

Nirek said...

hurray! I can feel the excitement from your words. Lovely way to celeberate the day!
btw when you visit ananya next time, do invite me. I miss those kids a lot!

Unknown said...

This is one birthday party i am sad iw as not invited to :)

Dreamzzzz said...

BELATE HAPPY BIRTH DAY
Thts really nice way to spend birthday...kuch gifts leke gaye ki nahi unke liye....

Pritesh Jain said...

@satyajit: Yea man. It was perfect. We all enjoyed it a lot. :)

@Nirek: Next time pakka. :D

@navreet: I didn't know that you might be interested in such activities. Now that I know, next time you will be the first one to get a call. :)

@meetdream: Thanks for the wishes. gift for them?? Naa... It was my birthday so I got the gift. I am no one to give anything to anyone. Yea, there are some things in mind so lets see if they can be implemented. :D

SUCHARITA ROY said...

awesome....

Goli said...

I think smiles were worth much more than all the trouble of making the cake.. :D