Jun 25, 2007

Anandashram

I have got three son and all of them are well settled in life now. All three of them went to IIT. And now they are working in software industry.
I have two son, one lives in HSR Layout while other lives in Vidyaranyapura. My wife and I am from Aagra.
For past 6 years [since the time she came to this place] the old lady in her 90s has been telling everyone that her age is 86. She is a proud Tamilian and makes faces when telling about her one son who married a Mallu.

Some of the stories which we heard in our visit to Anandashram last Saturday. Interesting? Not at all. I was speechless when one of them asked me where my parents were and did they live with me.
There 26 inmates in Anandashram and all have a different story to tell. You can feel their pain when they tell you about their life. But somehow they have learnt to hide it.

We went there with 9 kids from Ananya. It was Goli's idea to have an interaction between these kids and the old people there. And our day one at work was pretty good. The response from both sides has been encouraging and now we are trying to scale and structure these visits.

I am sure Goli will write a post about it soon. If he doesn't in next few days, I will do the honor.
In any case, if you interested in this idea, you are welcome to mail or call me.

3 comments:

Dreamzzzz said...

doesnt everyone of us try to have tht brave smile...to avoid our hardships...
Goli does have some gr8t ideas.....

Goli said...

Disclaimer Disclaimer..... It was not my idea, it was Reema's idea, I just happily copied the idea and put that in to practice...

Yups the things did look very encouraging and we are planning to have a get together again on 7th of July. Let us see how it goes.

Alistair D'souza said...

I liked the children's way of introducing themselves...

"my name is arun. my favourite colour is blue"

"my name is ...., I like flowers"...

felt nice :-)