Sep 30, 2009

EuroTrip - Day 13

A Journey on Train(s)

In Norway you can not call it a day until it is actually the next day. The late night train that we had planned to take had some rescheduling and now it was planned to cover the Bergen to Oslo stretch in three phases. A train journey to Voss followed by bus journey to some place called Olu (or something like that) and then back in train to the final destination Oslo. The train department had promised to arrange everything so we decided to board the train.

And as soon as we boarded, we slept off. The ticket checker came, woke us up and checked our tickets (EuRail passes). And we slept again.

The train halted at Voss. The guy next to me woke me up. We dumped our luggage in the bus and took our seat. And slept off. This time nobody came to check tickets I guess. Later we heard that the bus had halted at one port for about 15 minutes and then had then been loaded on that ship for a small journey in sea before coming back to ground. But we know none of It. May be it was a dream. May be we were too much in our dreams. Who knows!

The bus halted finally and the guy next to me woke me up (or was it Pooch? I don't recall). We got down and went to collect our bags. And there I got the shocker. My bag was missing. Somebody had taken it by mistake as we could see other similar looking bag left in the bus. After a brief discussion with the bus driver and train in-charge, we took that other bag and started the search for its real owner (who in most probability had taken my bag by mistake). Coach after coach, there was no sign of my bag. My heart was sinking until Pooch shouted from ahead that he found my bag. Man, what a relief!! We exchanged the bag and slept off again. I hope it is the end of it. There could not be anymore of it for me tonight. I wish. I pray.

And my wishes were granted. Rest of the journey to Oslo was uneventful (or was it we did not get to know about the happenings in our sleep?) Oh yea we met Baba (Rahul Sighal) on the way. We did not know that he was in the same train with us right from Bergen. Our further journey will be with him to Munich. I think we are ready from October Fest. :-)

The rest of the day was spent in train. First from Oslo to Goteborg and then from Goteborg to Copenhagen. And then a night train from Copenhagen to Munich.

No question asked, just travel, travel and travel.

There were no big events in the day except one or two. Like, when the train had to wait at station before Malmo because the driver had not turned up. Or when the train got delayed by two hours and most of us became eligible for a 50% refund. Or when the train crossed at 7.8km long bridge on the sea. Or that we crossed a 8km long tunnel under the sea when we were sleeping. Or that a beautiful girl came and slept on the seat next to HotTiii's. Or that the lady next to us, who was carrying a 110 ltr backpack filled with trekking and ski equipments, left at some station at around 7am. Or that 7am there was nothing but mist outside.

Stories are many, some significant some insignificant. I will write as long my phone supports. These are the stories from the far far land.

No comments: