Feb 21, 2009

saturday morning musings

I am back to Ahmedabd and am again down with sore throat. I am wondering, why did it happen. I spent the last night at Mumbai Airport. Terminal 1A has hosted me so many times. And every time it has been more or less similar experience. Why cannot we have a better waiting lounge for unfortunate passengers like me at a 'world class' airport like Mumbai's. Just a swanky glass building is no answer to passengers agony.

Nonetheless, one more thing that I did last night was to wait for the flight. As usual, whenever I am coming back from somewhere my flights get delayed by an hour or so. I get to know that only after reaching airport. And I get to spend one extra hour, all alone. I just hate it. Mangalore airport is no more than a makeshift railway station platform. It's located at a very beautiful location though. I heard it has one of the shortest runaway in India. No wonder the landing and take off experience was different this time. The journey of Mumbai to Mangalore is a beautiful one. You travel along the coast line following the sea shore religiously. I tried to identify some beaches, but I guess from 20000+ feet above the ground, everything looks the same.

Yesterday, I landed in Ahmedabad at 8:00 am and attended classes starting at 8:45 am. Interestingly, despite not getting proper sleep the previous night, I did not sleep in class. I felt so refreshed and enthused. I am hoping rest of the slot goes by like this too. It is my last slot in IIMA's faccha year.

Things are changing fast, or at least I believe them to be. Lots of things to write about. But as usual I am short of time. In another 55 minutes, we will be in class trying to understand some of the most tricky issues in Operations Management. So time to go now. See yea soon.

No comments: