Aug 14, 2008

iim ke student

Outside the college gate:
[It's raining. I am not getting any auto. Suddenly an auto with 2 passengers in it stops in front of me]
Autowala: Vastrapur lake?
Me: Yes.
Autowala: Aa jao.
Me: Oh cool. Thankyou.
[It's a shared auto]
Fellow pessengers: IIM me student ho?
Me: Haan uncle. First year.
Fellow passenger: First year nice, so in two years you will earn like anything. Nice...
[I smile]
[And we chitchat...]
After reaching Vastrapur Lake -
Me: Kitne paise hue bhaiya?
Autowala: Arre aap student ho. Jo dena ho de do. Abhi do saal ki baat aur hai, baad me aap apni car me hi ghumoge...
Me smiled and gave him the money.

In the barber's shop:
Barber: 1st year?
Me: Yes, 1st year.
Barber: Aapko time kaise mil gaya?
[Me shocked!!!]
Me: Arre aaj time nikal kar aana pada...
Barber: Sahi hai. I have been serving IIM students for past 9 years so a lot about you people.
[We chitchat..and then I leave the place.]

Somehow I felt that someone in the background someone was shouting "Muggo Fachcho Muggo..."

2 comments:

Vitruvian said...

hilarious ... :)

MFM rocks ...

Naina said...

:D Interesting..
So your life is an open book for autowallahs and Barbers. ;)