Oct 3, 2007

Bollywood - Mediocrity Exemplified

I don't claim to be a movie buff. I am not. Certainly not one of those who spend their weekend watching any or every movie that hits the silver screen.
I always carefully chose the movie I want to watch. And I am proud of the fact that I have never regretted my choice. Well most of the times. This way I can certainly save myself from wasting my time effort and money in the crap that is being served in name of cinema these days.

We are getting gobbled up by the mediocrity bug. Movies like Hey Babyy, Dhol and Dhamal are doing well at the box office. I watched both of them. I hated each and every moment of it. But still I do not regret doing it. Coz it minds me of the mediocrity that I want to rise above. I watched Dil Dosti Etc. too. I know this movie will not do well at box office. My first reaction after watching this movie was a feeling of heart break with my confidence in choice of movies. But then at later point of time I realized, it indeed is a nice movie. Much better than scores of shitty no-story-no-logic bollywood junk that is served in disguise of a movie.

In next few posts I would try to post my views about some movies that I recently watched.
1. Hey Babyy
2. Dhol
3. Dil Dosti Etc.
4. Dhamal

Looking forward to see some comments and views from others too...

2 comments:

satyajit said...

you should see Johnny Gaddar... I like srinivas raghavan's style (he made ek haseena thi earlier)... It's a clean break from nonsense Bollywood, although I dont gurantee that you would like it.

Nasal Crooner said...

yo man..
johhny is full paisa vasool stuff.
Neat..Racy and gripping to a decent extent :)