Oct 15, 2007

Silent Conversations

me: Pakhi... Pakhi... Are you there?
[No Reply]
me: I know you are there. You cannot leave me for even a moment. Reply please.

pakhi: [grins] So you knew I was just playing hide-n-seek? Smart, Very smart.

me: Yes. That I am. [100W glow on face]

pakhi: So how come did you remember me today?

me: What kind of question is that? I remember you everyday. Its just that today I expressed my wishes to meet you.

pakhi: Oh really!!! I am impressed. So tell me what's up in life?

me: hmmmm...

pakhi: Ok tell me what is it. I know there is something that you wanted to share with me. Afterall you don't miss me just like that.

me: [grins] Oh well. It's you who is smart. You know everything.

pakhi: Ok don't change the topic. Tell me what is it?

me: hmmmm... Actually the problem is that there is no problem.

pakhi: [with a puzzled look on her face] What!! The problem is that there is no problem. Don't talk in riddles yaar. Tell what's going on in your mind?

me: Arre. I am telling you no!! There is no problem. Coz there is nothing happening in life. It's as monotonous as the shades on a white washed wall.

pakhi: Oh I see. So you are going through a bad patch?

me: You are right to an extent. But then how can I call it a bad patch if there is nothing wrong in life. I mean I am enjoying my work. I am having great time with friends and family. Future looks all brightened and happy.

pakhi: Then?

me: Then nothing. I mean I am getting bored of all this. Its too usual a life.

pakhi: So what do you want from life?

me: Only if one could have known that, life would have been a pleasure. Right now I don't know what do I want. I am really clueless about it. Just going with the flow.

pakhi: And that flow has been taking you to places. Then isn't it nice to just let it happen. If you are not sure what you want, why not let things come to your way if they are good.

me: oh really???

pakhi: Yes, but that does not mean that you don't think about what you want. You will have to find that answer yourself. And you will have to do it fast. Winds might change any day. You can not always rely on lady luck or gut feelings.

me: Your words make sense to me. Thanks so much.

pakhi: So here you start again with your sorry-thankyou shit... You are not going to change right?

me: [grins] No way. I am who I am. And I am happy with that. Just a bit of improvement here and there and I will be the best.

pakhi: Yea yea. Good.

ps: Thanks Vatsy.

2 comments:

Vatsy said...

So the JHUM (Oops! Pakhi) bug has caught u also ;)

Sumana Samuk said...

hey wait!!

I know this 'pakhi' . You are referring to the same one.

Su