May 3, 2007

pakhi

"Thank you. :) but what hurt me the most was that I still haven't won a place in your search for utopia," she said.
I know it is high time I make her mention here in "my search of utopia" Hurting her means I am in trouble. Even my guardian angels won't take my side this time.

So today I write to the world.
Ladies and Gentleman, Boys and Girls, Let me introduce to you - Su.


Undoubtedly one of my best(est) friend, Su was born and brought up in doesn't-matter-to-you. She did her schooling from no-point-telling-you. And recently she finished her graduation from are-you-still-expecting-anything-here-?.

I met her on a train. The train journey of my life. Pune to Bangalore. Almost 3 years back. Few days before Xmas. She was Santa chacha's gift to my life that Xmas. And I will cherish this gift for my whole life for sure.

Chirpy and smiling - the first impression.

I was new to that group and you can imagine how difficult it would have been for a shy cow like me to sit among that gang of girls from yea-yea-that-same-college. But I sat there (like a brave soldier), and talked. Talked to Su and few of her friends. All in their early don't-mention-age-plz. Full with energy. With those umpteen dreams in those twinkling eyes. There was lots of mischief also in those eyes. Surely it made them all the more attractive. We talked about so many things. And most importantly shared some of our dreams.
For you gossip-heads, someone sang a song also; for "me and Su". :-)

Train reached to Bangalore and we parted our ways. I was not sure if we would meet again. In one corner of the heart, the meet-her-again and don't-lose-touch wale songs were playing continuously. And I called her. I did not have a cell phone that time, so I used a coin phone. At least 10 Rs1 coin in my hand. I just used 4. They did it all for me.

We talked and we met. Mails, sms, calls and dreams. We kept in touch.

Its been more than 3 years now and here is what I know about her from these three years -
She sings well
can make food too
writes well
Has done some work in advertising
and a tabloid
and with NGOs
Can do anything for chocolate
and for work
and her dreams
Is determined
and hardworking
and organized
dependable and trustworthy
Can not be pleased easily
and is perfectionist
Knows paper making
and sign language
Has acted in plays
acts well too
Almost became a RJ once
and MBA aspirant
Fell in love at least twice
both were not worth her
and she still does not accept it
Broke at least one heart
and that was mine
Is expert in ruining your mood
and plans
Never breaks promises
coz she hardly makes them
Can go on talking
for hours
and hours
Is emotional sometime
sometime a fool too
Likes shopping
want to go to Lucknow for it
and to Delhi too.
Can be unpredictable sometimes
Can make you come online at 1am
and recharge her cell at 2
Hates the sight of sodexos [hehe, thanks to me]
Never gives treat for first salary
and even if she gives, it is you who end up paying
and forgets your bday
Made me angry so many times
and made me cry.
She did it too.
Asked me 'if i will be there'
just to re assure herself
Never expects anything
from life
from you
from anyone
unless she loves you
or trusts you
Is practical
and caring
and lovable
and trustworthy
I know her
and this is my achievement of last three years.
yes ,I love her
she does too.
and that is it.
She is God's gift to me and I am always thankful to God for that.
I am proud of you Su.
I am proud of myself for knowing you.

ps: This is a paid testimonial. :)

18 comments:

Pritesh Jain said...

Its her birthday today. So wishing her a very happy birthday. :)

ps: POST no. 300

Rakesh said...

Thanks for making her feel good...

Rakesh said...

Anyone anywhere makes her feel happy has me as her/his fan....

- Ubiquitous - said...

Fell in love at least twice
both were not worth her
and she still does not accept it
Broke at least one heart
and that was mine


I loved these lines the best!!

Happy Birthday to Su.

God bless her. Goes without saying. :)

Sumana Samuk said...

OMG. One of the most wonderful birthday gifts i've ever got :)

Mondy said...

Oye PJ tu to RDB ka DJ nikla.

Happy b'day to Su.

Laku said...

this is one of the best gifts she could have got... :) its beautiful.

Fell in love at least twice
both were not worth her
and she still does not accept it...

loved these the best

Saurabh said...

Happy Birthday SU...

CandidConfessions said...

Thats reallly sweeet!! :)

The Grinch said...

cheers to 21 great years...and many many more to come... :):):)

happy birday girl! much happiness to you!
:)

Laku said...

happy birthday su :)

anoop... said...

I am proud of you ullu ke patthe!!!! with wishes from deepest of my heart!!!!

Ramses said...

Hmm. interesting

Sumana, wishes again,dude.

Unknown said...

Hey!!!

A very Happy Birthday to you!! :):)

Wishing you all the success and happiness that life can bring!!

Alistair D'souza said...

so did you sing that song "Soo kar mere man ko" :-) rang de basanti estyle...

SUCHARITA ROY said...

this is so different from any of the people ( read men) i have read so far...the lines most quoted are the ones i liked the best too...

cheers dude..guys like you make the impossible possible,

and Su. happy birthday..dont lose this friend of yours for anything in this world. he is worth a million dont-even-mention-what-they-ares

Goli said...

This was too much pritesh.... I liked those lines... "Can be unpredictable sometimes
Can make you come online at 1am
and recharge her cell at 2"...

Keep going.. :D

Sun shines for you smile!! said...

dont know who this girl is.. but what prits has written she certainly sounds interesting...
good to know that you love someone so much pj...