Dec 30, 2011

Mind Without Fear

First season of The Dewarists started with this beautiful composition called Mind Without Fear by Vishal Shekhar & Imogen Heap. This show was telecasted sometime in October. For some reason, I just could not catch up on it in spite seeing lots of tweets and fb updates from my friends. And I will always curse myself for this. It was Xmas week that I finally got the chance to see this show and thus started my journey with The Dewarists. 

I am bowled over by the show. Mind Without Fear is right there on the top of my charts (and by that I mean it is the only song in my playlist now). And this is not the only song that has done it. Every episode is an experience in itself. It's not just the music, or the visual treat that the show has provided in the background, or the inspiring stories that artists share with us or the beautiful host. It's the entire experience of seeing something as beautiful as music created, that makes me fall in love with this show. It shows how feeling flow from our hearts & soul to get transformed into reality. It's this purity that inspires. 

Coke Studio has done something similar to me in past. I love Coke Studio not just for the music it offers me but also the way it gave us that music. The artists are not just performing on that stage. They are living their music. They are enjoying every moment they are there and we get to live with them in those moments. The camera is up and close to their face. We can read their eyes, we can cherish their smile [remember Jal Pari by Atif Aslam in Season 2]. It's this closeness that makes us believe in their efforts. The Dewarists does the same thing and takes us even closer where the artists actually talk about what is going through their mind and heart. Amazing camera work and storytelling efforts by the team. I'm on a spree right now and will finish watching all the episodes of this season before this blog posts become visible to the world.

Don't forget to call me when you read this post. My new ringtone is the theme song from Dewarists and it gives me one more reason to worship Raghu Dixit's music.

No comments: