Jul 14, 2011

Househunting and other stories

Hyderabad seems to be a relatively 'chill' city. Temperature has been moderate so far. Tempers too. I did not bother anyone and so did they. I love any city that shows this character.

People's definition of traffic jams here does not match mine as I learnt about these things in Bangalore, Mumbai and Gurgaon. Road sense seem to be off the mark by quite a distance. Thank god the roads are wide otherwise I wonder where would these people show all their driving tricks and stunts. It's not easy to find metered auto. Nothing new when it comes to big cities. I wonder how did they manage to build this culture in Mumbai Autowalas to use that black box called meter.

I've still to find a place which I can and will call my home. Till that time, Taj Banjara is a good makeshift abode. In spite the stink that has marred the surrounding lake, it is still a beautiful place to be. Night skyline from my 8th floor room is as memorable as you can imagine in any of the city hotels. And guess what! I serves an ossum breakfast buffet. My +1 for Taj Banjara if you really are looking for some comfortable stay in this city. For those who do not speak the language of '+1', I've a few invites left in case you want to join the bandwagon on G+. Who knows, you might be riding another wave.

No comments: