Feb 24, 2010

ZAPPed

One day after Saap had narrated an exceptionally fantastic tale of her adventure, Zapp was unusuallly more ecstatic and in disbelief asked, "Do these things really happen?"
"You should go to such places and find out for yourself, dear," replied Saap.
"Myself? How can I visit these places on my own? I am just a little kid and these places are so far away."
"Far away? How can you know they are far away till you go there? Then once you are there it doesn't matter how far it is, because you are already there."
"But I don't know the way?"
"I wouldn't worry about that either."
"Where do I start, which direction?"
"That shouldn't matter, you haven't seen any direction."
"And how far do I go?"
"Until you think you have found something."
"What if I don't find anything for long?"
"Do you have anything to find here?"
"What if I find something and I don't like it?"
"That should be the least of your concerns. Ultimately none of it will make any difference," said Saap, looking into a blank space.

ps: Taken from the book 'ZAPP:The Squirel who wanted to fly' by Rachit Kinger. link
About the book:
Set in the jungles amid nature's weirdest animals, "Zapp" is an allegory about individual freedom in contemporary society wherein a happy-go-lucky squirrel travels across the world in search of meaning, freedom and ironically, a sane society. Join Zapp, the brave squirrel, on an adventurous journey across the forests of Pinegrove, on a quest for life.

Incidentally Rachit has done his MBA from IIML. Finally I have found one good book that is written by an IIM grad. Highly recommended.

5 comments:

Rhiannon Rhythm said...

Thanks, will check it for sure! :) so is Prits the little happy-go-lucky squirrel! :)

Dr. Chandana Shekar said...

nice one bhai

Rachit Kinger said...

Glad you liked it..

Pritesh Jain said...

@ RR: I am aspiring to be. :D
@ Chandana: Thanks a lot...
@ Rachit: Thanks a lot for your comment. Really did not expect that you will actually get to see the post. :D

We got this book as part of final examination in a course on leadership called Leadership: Vision, Meaning and Reality. I am glad that I had taken this course else I would not have got chance to read ZAPP. And then I would have always thought that we at IIMs generally write only about life in the campus and some cheesy love stories.

Goli said...

Shall try the book sometime.. :D