Jan 26, 2010

Social Media and Me

This blog gets an average of 25 page visits a day. For a quite long time, Technorati refused to rank this blog in its list. The comment count on this blog is even more low currently standing somewhere close to 1.12 comments per post. This blog is not the only crib I have. My facebook status update is no bigger success either. How much ever wannabe title/status I put, it just fails to attract any comments. Forget comments, people don't even bother to click on the 'like' button. I don't blame it on lethargy. They are just too quality conscience now a days. I am sure if there was a 'dislike' button, things would have been quite different.

I really need help from some social media expert. :D

6 comments:

broca's area said...

u write for popularity?

Pritesh Jain said...

@bro: No dude. It was just an observation. Specially after reading about social media and its marketing implications, I was wondering if I really was seeing some of those things in my work.

Goli said...

When you stop thinking about you, you start getting more hits..

annucool15 said...

people tend to look at different topics everyday. if you really wish to increase traffic, one way is to stay updated with google trends. see what people are interested on that particular day.if it interests you too, write on that topic. joining blog catalog, tweeting your posts also helps a bit

Pritesh Jain said...

@ Goli: Gaat it saar...
@ Anu: That's a social media expert talking in your comment. :)

annucool15 said...

well ya, i apply what i learn from my job to my blogs... helps at times!